The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings on Dec. 3.
All meetings are held at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. Complete meeting agendas are available online.
If you can not attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 290
- Councilmembers will review an update on new compliance guidelines for construction in downtown Fort Worth. The plan aims to identify ways to improve construction staging and to foster an atmosphere that is friendly to pedestrians, motorists and businesses.
- Another report will lay out the options for potentially decreasing the sales tax rate for the Crime Control and Prevention District while potentially increasing the sales tax rate for the Fort Worth Transportation Authority.
- City Manager David Cooke and Jennifer Dyke of the Transportation & Public Works Department will make a presentation on the open-space acquisition program, which aims to preserve green space. The discussion will include open-space planning, potential acquisition areas, funding sources and next steps.
- City Secretary Mary Kayser will present an update on potential City Charter amendments for a May, 2020 election.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Councilmembers will vote on resolutions appointing members to the boards of directors of certain tax increment reinvestment zones throughout the city.
- The City Council will vote on more than a dozen zoning cases.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Application deadline extended: Preserve the Fort initiative offers $10 million in grants to Fort Worth small businesses
- YMCA to continue feeding kids during the summer
- Apply for city's environmental awards program
- Take precautions as summer weather arrives in North Texas
- Changes in Development Services Department allow staff to assist more customers remotely
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Timberland Park: 7 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Chamber, 1000 Throckmorton Street, Fort Worth, 76102.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County WDB Meeting: 9 a.m. June 10, 2020; Virtual Zoom Meeting.
View the agenda »
Canceled Vendor Informational Forum for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises: 11:30 a.m. June 11, 2020; Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, 1150 South Freeway.
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. June 11, 2020; Teleconference Meeting.
View the agenda »
Canceled Landscape CPR: 6 p.m. June 11, 2020; Botanical Research Institute of Texas, 1700 University Drive.