The 35th annual Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Celebration is planned for noon to 1 p.m. Jan. 15. The public is invited to the event at Ella Mae Shamblee Library, 1062 Evans Ave.
Commemorate and celebrate the life and legacy of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. with the screening of a short film, Mighty Times: The Children’s March. The 40-minute Academy Award-winning film uses archival footage, interviews and re-enactments to shed light on the children of Baltimore, who took to the streets for civil rights in 1963. A moderated discussion will follow the film.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Water saving seminars resume online
- Push back against summer slide at Camp Fort Worth
- New funding initiative helps get Fort Worth's musicians back into the studio and on stage
- More pets get lost on July 4
- City employees form temporary shelter team to meet homeless needs during pandemic
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »