The last day is Friday, April 3.
Residents who have personal protective supplies, such as gloves and masks, they are willing to donate are encouraged to drop them off curbside starting on March 26 at four Fort Worth Public Library locations and area Goodwill Donation Centers.
Because of precautions medical personnel and individuals are taking to avoid the spread of COVID-19, some items are in short supply. Please note that no homemade masks or previously used items will be accepted. The City of Fort Worth will collect the following:
- Hand sanitizer (all sizes).
- Antibacterial soap.
- N95 masks.
- Surgical masks.
- Surgical caps.
- Foot/shoe covers.
- Industrial masks.
- Disinfectant wipes.
- Medical latex-free gloves.
- Eye protection goggles.
- Medical face shields.
- Flocked swabs.
- Powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) and PAPR hoods.
- Medical protective gowns (water resistant).
- Disposable food-grade gloves.
- Thermometers (non-contact digital).
All donated items must be new and unopened.
Any of the items above may be dropped off curbside, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday at these locations:
- East Regional Library, 6301 Bridge St.
- Northwest Branch Library, 6228 Crystal Lake Drive.
- Southwest Regional Library, 4001 Library Lane.
- Summerglen Branch Library, 4205 Basswood Blvd.
Find a Goodwill donation center near you.
Donated items will be quarantined and cleaned according to current medical recommendations, and then distributed to essential personnel.
Please note that library staff are at the locations only to conduct the supply drive. No items may be checked out or returned at this time, and the buildings will remain closed to the public. Check online for information about library services during the temporary building closures.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Water saving seminars resume online
- Push back against summer slide at Camp Fort Worth
- New funding initiative helps get Fort Worth's musicians back into the studio and on stage
- More pets get lost on July 4
- City employees form temporary shelter team to meet homeless needs during pandemic
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »