On most days, dogs and cats at the Fort Worth Animal Shelter’s PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers would have the opportunity to strut their stuff – and their personalities – to potential owners. But that hasn’t happened over the last couple of months since the adoption centers closed due to COVID-19.
Beginning Friday, May 15, future pet owners can view adoptable pets again when the PetSmart Adoption Centers at Alliance and Hulen reopen. Amazing pets from the animal shelter will once again be in the spotlight.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Hours of operation will be 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sundays.
- Adoption fees have been waived. All pets are spayed or neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated.
- Guests must wear facemasks for the safety of all.
- To learn more, contact the city’s call center at 817-392-1234.
PetSmart Charities recently awarded the Fort Worth Animal Shelter a $18,780 grant as part of a national commitment to help shelters impacted by the coronavirus crisis. A total of $2 million has been awarded nationwide.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Governor Abbott establishes statewide face covering requirement, issues proclamation to limit gatherings
- Sister Cities International conference goes virtual
- Sorority members collaborate with community groups to create mural promoting peace
- Online meeting to focus on meet and confer agreement between city, police
- Panther Island, Trinity Park, Broadcast Hill will be closed, but fireworks will go on
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. July 9, 2020; Videoconference.
View the agenda »