Recreation Instructor Hiring
Are you interested in teaching classes at your local community center?
The City of Fort Worth is looking for recreation instructors to teach a variety of programs and classes at Fort Worth community centers. These centers provide engaging, exciting recreational activities for people of all ages, and there is always interest in adding new programs and classes to offerings.
Types of instructors
The city offers two types of instructor positions:
Contract instructors work on a 70/30 split with the City of Fort Worth, receiving 70 percent of their generated revenue. These instructors are self-driven to build up their classes, and are responsible for promoting their own programs.
Volunteer instructors volunteer their time and talents to their local community centers.
Class instructors are required to:
- Lead, teach, oversee and participate in the planning of programs.
- Provide a class description and details for their program.
- Monitor and track records of their participants.
- Complete any necessary trainings to maintain certification requirements.
- Make sure necessary equipment and/or materials are present for their classes.
- Be on time and committed during the duration of their classes.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of six months’ teaching experience in your specialty is required.
- All certifications that are required for your class must be completed during your first six months of employment.
- All instructors must pass a background check.
Submit your idea for a class or program
Instructors interested in more information, a complete and more detailed job description, or who want to submit a class for consideration that they’d be interested in teaching, may fill out this general interest form.
The City of Fort Worth will be in touch with more information.
- Free nature event scheduled at Chisholm Trail Community Park
- Relive art on the prairie at Log Cabin Village
- City's mowing program now underway
- Become a citizen forester
Dia de los Niños at Victory Forest Community Center: 6 p.m. April 30, 2018; Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill.
Cinco de Mayo at Diamond Hill Community Center: 3:30 p.m. May 3, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 Ne 36th St.
Mother's Day Celebration at Victory Forest Community Center: 11:30 a.m. May 5, 2018; Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill St.
Mother's Day Celebration at Hillside Community Center: noon May 5, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Mother-Son Date Night at Hillside Community Center: 6:30 p.m. May 11, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Mother's Day Celebration at Chisholm Trail Community Center: 9 a.m. May 12, 2018; Chisholm Trail Community Center, 4936 Mcpherson Blvd.
Archery Tournament at R.D. Evans Community Center: 9 a.m. May 12, 2018; R.D. Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Rd..
Mother's Day Celebration at Diamond Hill Community Center: 9:30 a.m. May 12, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 Ne 36th St.
Mother's Day Celebration: 11 a.m. May 12, 2018; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale.
Mother-Son Date Night at Greenbriar Community Center: 6 p.m. May 18, 2018; Greenbriar Community Center, 5200 Hemphill St.
Community Pride Day at Highland Hills Community Center: 10 a.m. May 19, 2018; Highland Hills Community Center, 1600 Glasgow Rd..
Foodpalooza at Hillside Community Center: 1 p.m. May 26, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Splash Day at Greenbriar Community Center: 4 p.m. May 31, 2018; Greenbriar Community Center, 5200 Hemphill.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »