Recreation Instructor Hiring
Are you interested in teaching classes at your local community center?
The City of Fort Worth is looking for recreation instructors to teach a variety of programs and classes at Fort Worth community centers. These centers provide engaging, exciting recreational activities for people of all ages, and there is always interest in adding new programs and classes to offerings.
Types of instructors
The city offers two types of instructor positions:
Contract instructors work on a 70/30 split with the City of Fort Worth, receiving 70 percent of their generated revenue. These instructors are self-driven to build up their classes, and are responsible for promoting their own programs.
Volunteer instructors volunteer their time and talents to their local community centers.
Class instructors are required to:
- Lead, teach, oversee and participate in the planning of programs.
- Provide a class description and details for their program.
- Monitor and track records of their participants.
- Complete any necessary trainings to maintain certification requirements.
- Make sure necessary equipment and/or materials are present for their classes.
- Be on time and committed during the duration of their classes.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of six months’ teaching experience in your specialty is required.
- All certifications that are required for your class must be completed during your first six months of employment.
- All instructors must pass a background check.
Submit your idea for a class or program
Instructors interested in more information, a complete and more detailed job description, or who want to submit a class for consideration that they’d be interested in teaching, may fill out this general interest form.
The City of Fort Worth will be in touch with more information.
Brunch with Santa at MLK Jr. Community Center: 11 a.m. Dec. 14, 2017; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
Christmas Party at Como Community Center: 6:30 p.m. Dec. 14, 2017; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Winter Wonderland at Como Community Center: 6:30 p.m. Dec. 14, 2017; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Cookies with Santa at Andrew Doc Session Community Center: 5:30 p.m. Dec. 15, 2017; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave .
Christmas Gala at Southside Community Center: 6 p.m. Dec. 15, 2017; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Holiday Shop 'N Drop at Hillside Community Center: 8 a.m. Dec. 16, 2017; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Breakfast & Bingo at Southwest Community Center: 10 a.m. Dec. 20, 2017; Southwest Community Center, 6300 Welch Ave.
Cookies and Milk with Santa at Diamond Hill Community Center: 4 p.m. Dec. 21, 2017; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 Ne 36th St.
Christmas Party at Worth Heights Community Center: 4:30 p.m. Dec. 21, 2017; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Senior Holiday Luncheon at R.D. Evans Community Center: 11 a.m. Jan. 12, 2018; R.D. Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Rd..
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »