Recreation Instructor Hiring
Are you interested in teaching classes at your local community center?
The City of Fort Worth is looking for recreation instructors to teach a variety of programs and classes at Fort Worth community centers. These centers provide engaging, exciting recreational activities for people of all ages, and there is always interest in adding new programs and classes to offerings.
Types of instructors
The city offers two types of instructor positions:
Contract instructors work on a 70/30 split with the City of Fort Worth, receiving 70 percent of their generated revenue. These instructors are self-driven to build up their classes, and are responsible for promoting their own programs.
Volunteer instructors volunteer their time and talents to their local community centers.
Class instructors are required to:
- Lead, teach, oversee and participate in the planning of programs.
- Provide a class description and details for their program.
- Monitor and track records of their participants.
- Complete any necessary trainings to maintain certification requirements.
- Make sure necessary equipment and/or materials are present for their classes.
- Be on time and committed during the duration of their classes.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of six months’ teaching experience in your specialty is required.
- All certifications that are required for your class must be completed during your first six months of employment.
- All instructors must pass a background check.
Submit your idea for a class or program
Instructors interested in more information, a complete and more detailed job description, or who want to submit a class for consideration that they’d be interested in teaching, may fill out this general interest form.
The City of Fort Worth will be in touch with more information.
Father / Daughter Dance at Como Community Center: 7 p.m. Feb. 9, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Bee My Valentine at Victory Forest Community Center: 10 a.m. Feb. 10, 2018; Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill St.
Sweetheart Social at Hillside Community Center: 10 a.m. Feb. 13, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Valentine's Luncheon at MLK Jr. Community Center: 11 a.m. Feb. 13, 2018; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
Love Muffins Day at Diamond Hill Community Center: 3:30 p.m. Feb. 14, 2018; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 Ne 36th St.
Black History Program at Southside Community Center: 6:30 p.m. Feb. 20, 2018; Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
Health Fair at Como Community Center: 9 a.m. Feb. 24, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Black History Program at MLK Jr. Community Center: 4:30 p.m. Feb. 26, 2018; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »