Volunteer with Recreation
The Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department invites you to make a difference in your community.
The Park & Recreation Department’s volunteer program is a unique opportunity for community members to share their gifts and talents. We strive to place volunteers in a rewarding role that not only enhances city services, but also fulfills the volunteers’ sense of community pride.
Volunteer at a Community Center
Opportunities include youth sports coaches for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, t-ball and volleyball; Best Years Club (senior program) volunteers; after school program volunteers; class instructors; school break camp volunteers; Camp Fort Worth volunteers and special event activity attendants. Please click on your preferred community center to find out more information and submit an application for any of these diverse opportunities.
- Andrew Doc Session Community Center
- Chisholm Trail Community Center
- Como Community Center
- Diamond Hill Community Center
- Eugene McCray Community Center
- Fire Station Community Center
- Greenbriar Community Center
- Handley Meadowbrook Community Center
- Highland Hills Community Center
- Hillside Community Center
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- North Tri-Ethnic Community Center
- Northside Community Center
- R.D. Evans Community Center
- Riverside Community Center
- Southside Community Center
- Southwest Community Center
- Sycamore Community Center
- Thomas Place Community Center
- Victory Forest Community Center
- Worth Heights Community Center
Volunteer to beautify a park
Volunteers help maintain and beautify our expansive park system. Find the park district where you would like to serve to obtain more details and apply for these opportunities.
- Central District Operations
- East District Park Operations
- North District Park Operations
- South District Park Operations
- West District Park Operations
Volunteers looking to make a long term impact can learn more about our adopt-a-park, adopt-a-street, adopt-a-median program here.
For one-time litter clean-up events in our parks, you can sign up and request supplies.
Volunteer at a Golf Course
Golf course volunteers are needed to help perform a variety of duties in order to maintain and repair golf course grounds and equipment. For more information and to complete an application, click on your preferred home course.
Volunteer at a Cultural Facility
Volunteers support local cultural facilities in an array of rewarding positions. Find the location to learn about and apply for the opportunities available.
- Volunteers clear brush and uncover a hidden path in neighborhood park
- Parents, registration now open for school-age children at Camp Connection
- Working parents have a resource for their school-age children at Camp Connection
- Park & Recreation director recognized for service to Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Zoo named top zoo in the country
- Fort Worth dog parks reopen July 16
- Girl Scouts create haven for pollinators in Fort Worth park
- Fort Worth pools will remain closed this summer
- Register your team now for the Fort Worth Classic softball tournament
- Fort Worth Cup to welcome soccer enthusiasts Aug. 21-23
- BRIT to begin managing Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Get out and enjoy Fort Worth parks, but keep that six-foot distance
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »