Volunteer with Recreation
The Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department invites you to make a difference in your community.
The Park & Recreation Department’s volunteer program is a unique opportunity for community members to share their gifts and talents. We strive to place volunteers in a rewarding role that not only enhances city services, but also fulfills the volunteers’ sense of community pride.
Volunteer at a Community Center
Opportunities include youth sports coaches for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, t-ball and volleyball; Best Years Club (senior program) volunteers; after school program volunteers; class instructors; school break camp volunteers; Camp Fort Worth volunteers and special event activity attendants. Please click on your preferred community center to find out more information and submit an application for any of these diverse opportunities.
- Andrew Doc Session Community Center
- Chisholm Trail Community Center
- Como Community Center
- Diamond Hill Community Center
- Eugene McCray Community Center
- Fire Station Community Center
- Greenbriar Community Center
- Handley Meadowbrook Community Center
- Highland Hills Community Center
- Hillside Community Center
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- North Tri-Ethnic Community Center
- Northside Community Center
- R.D. Evans Community Center
- Riverside Community Center
- Southside Community Center
- Southwest Community Center
- Sycamore Community Center
- Thomas Place Community Center
- Victory Forest Community Center
- Worth Heights Community Center
Volunteer to beautify a park
Volunteers help maintain and beautify our expansive park system. Find the park district where you would like to serve to obtain more details and apply for these opportunities.
- Central District Operations
- East District Park Operations
- North District Park Operations
- South District Park Operations
- West District Park Operations
Volunteers looking to make a long term impact can learn more about our adopt-a-park, adopt-a-street, adopt-a-median program here.
For one-time litter clean-up events in our parks, you can sign up and request supplies.
Volunteer at a Golf Course
Golf course volunteers are needed to help perform a variety of duties in order to maintain and repair golf course grounds and equipment. For more information and to complete an application, click on your preferred home course.
Volunteer at a Cultural Facility
Volunteers support local cultural facilities in an array of rewarding positions. Find the location to learn about and apply for the opportunities available.
- Become a steward of Fort Worth's public trees as a Citizen Forester
- Built for the community, by the community: Como Community Center to celebrate grand opening Feb. 15
- Resolving to get fit in 2020? Check out discounts at community centers
- Butterflies in the Garden returning in 2020
- Worth Heights Community Center to close temporarily
Family Game Night at Southwest Community Center: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2020; Southwest Community Center, 6300 Welch Ave.
Chinese New Year Celebration at Fire Station Community Center: 11 a.m. Jan. 25, 2020; Fire Station Community Center, 1601 Lipscomb.
Valentine's Day Ball at Eugene McCray Community Center: 11 a.m. Feb. 7, 2020; Eugene Mccray Community Center, 4932 Wilbarger.
Daddy Daughter Dance at Chisholm Trail Community Center: 6 p.m. Feb. 8, 2020; Chisholm Trail Community Center, 4936 Mcpherson Blvd.
Sweetheart Social at Hillside Community Center: 10 a.m. Feb. 11, 2020; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Black History Month Program at Riverside Community Center: 3 p.m. Feb. 19, 2020; Riverside Community Center, 3700 E. Belknap.
Valentine's Day Party at Greenrbriar Community Center: 5 p.m. Feb. 20, 2020; Greenbriar Community Center, 5200 Hemphill.
Black History Program at Hillside Community Center: 6 p.m. Feb. 20, 2020; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »