Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality.
New energy efficiency standards for residential construction effective Sept. 1
Building Energy Efficiency Performance Standards for residential construction (one- and two-family residences of three stories or less above grade) go into effect Sept. 1, 2016, for construction in Texas.
Planning and Design
- Area Plans
- Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Design Districts
- Urban Villages
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- Program examines gap between low-income, middle-class
- Action plan moving forward for Age-Friendly Community
- Meet Fort Worth's new historic preservation officer
- Certain planning and development fees increase Oct. 1
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
1000 Throckmorton St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102