Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality.
Planning and Design
- Area Plans
- Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Design Districts
- Downtown Urban Design District
- Urban Villages
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- City Council approves change to parking requirements for historic properties
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- City staff to continue studying how to regulate short-term rentals
- New X-Team to provide faster plan review service
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
The Planning & Development Customer Service Team has a weekly meeting on Friday mornings from 8am to 9am. This meeting may affect wait times and call times. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102