Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality.Pay for alarm permits onlineOnline payments are now available for commercial and residential burglar alarm permits.
Permit Application Appointments
Appointments are now available to apply for building, trade, contractor registrations and certificate of occupancy permits. Call 817-392-2222 and choose option nine to schedule an appointment or for additional information.
Electronic Document Review
In the City Fort Worth’s ongoing efforts to improve our service and be more accessible to our customers, The Planning and Development Department is proud to introduce Electronic Document Review as part of our online permitting system. This new functionality allows citizens and customers to apply for permits, pay most fees, upload documents for review, and receive/answer comments online for the most common building permits and zoning/platting functions. Most applications can be completed without ever coming to City Hall.
News & Information
- City to accept walk-in permitting on Tuesday evenings
- Final draft ordinance adopting the 2014 National Electrical Code and local amendments
- 2014 Comprehensive Plan
- Lake Worth Regional Coordination Committee
- Noise Ordinance Presentation (Jan. 23, 2012)
- Transforming the Central City
- I-35 Design Overlay
- Lake Worth Vision Plan (Adopted May 10, 2011)
- Building Permit Procedure Change
- The Nuts and Bolts of Residential Building Permits:
English | Spanish
City Hall, Lower Level
1000 Throckmorton St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102