W. A. Powers Historic District
The W.A. Powers Historic District is a block of historic commercial and industrial structures, located just south of downtown Fort Worth.
The area was originally residential at the turn of the century, but transitioned to commercial and industrial uses after the great fire of April 3, 1909. This was partly due to the proximity of the Texas & Pacific Railway yard and north-south rail lines.
Most of the existing historic structures in the district were built by the mid-1920s. They are predominantly one- and two-story brick commercial structures.
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Certificate of Appropriateness - Spanish
- Historic Site Tax Exemption Application
- Historic Designation Application, for individual sites
- Historic District Designation Application
- Murray G. Miller, historic preservation officer, 817-392-8574
- Justin Newhart, senior planner, 817-392-8037