What is an Ordinance Inspection and what are the requirements? View the information sheet.
When is an Inspection Necessary? An inspection is required for all construction or work for which a permit is required and shall be subject to inspection by the building official and all such construction or work shall remain accessible and exposed for inspection purposes until approved by the building official.
Who Schedules an Inspection? The person performing the work for inspection is responsible for scheduling and ensuring the work is ready for inspection.
How do I Schedule an Inspection? Depending upon the type of permit and work to be performed you may establish an inspection at the time of permitting (no more than three business days out), or:
- via the Online Permit System
- via phone by calling the Voice Permits (IVR) line at 817-392-6370
- by calling Customer Service at 817-392-2222 (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
- to schedule an inspection you will need the Permit Number, Job Address, and Inspection Code. Inspections received before 6:30 a.m. each day will be scheduled for inspection on that day. Requests received at or after 6:30 a.m. will be scheduled for the next business day.
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- City staff to continue studying how to regulate short-term rentals
- New X-Team to provide faster plan review service
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102