Commercial and Residential Burglar Alarm Permits
All permit holders are allowed three false alarm calls, as well as two panic/robbery calls before service fees are assessed. When a customer exceeds three false alarms or two false, panic/robbery calls in a 12-month period, service fees are assessed according to the following schedule:
- 1-3 false alarm calls in 12 months: No charge
- 4-5 false alarm calls in 12 months: $50 per call
- 6-7 false alarm calls in 12 months: $75 per call
- 8 or more false alarm calls in 12 months: $100 per call
Reducing false alarm calls will improve overall public safety and service when there is a real emergency. Officers will be able to respond to emergency calls more rapidly. In addition to the financial effect, excessive false alarms may result in the revocation of your permit, which would end police response to unverified alarms at your address.
Following are suggestions to help you avoid these penalties for excessive false alarm calls:
- Ensure the alarm system installed in your residence or business is properly maintained. This may include routine testing, battery replacement and maintenance, as needed.
- Work closely with your contracted service provider and/or monitoring company whenever you experience malfunctions with your system.
- Know your system. If you have questions or concerns about your system immediately contact your service provider and/or monitoring company.
- Be responsible with your system. If you give someone keys to your residence or business, train them to operate your alarm.
Contact the Fort Worth Planning and Development Department, Alarms Unit, anytime you have questions regarding your permit, the Alarms Ordinance or anything pertaining to your residential or commercial permit. You may call 817-392-1300, visit the unit, located at 200 Texas St, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Fort Worth Police Department’s mission is to provide quality service in partnership with the community to create a safe environment for all. Fort Worth residents, call the Police Department’s non-emergency number, 817-392-4222, when necessary.
Exclusive for alarm companies, call 817-927-4420 when calling in alarm activations to the Police Department.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.