Commercial Remodel Permit
Commercial remodel building permits are for improvements or renovations that do not add any new square footage to the existing building. This includes commercial accessory structures.
Permits are not required for “cosmetic” remodels (floor or wall covering, cabinets, counter tops, shelving, etc.) or replacement of plumbing fixtures.
Energy Code Compliance documents are required for any conditioned or lighted space.
What is needed for online submission
- Complete set of plans including site plan in PDF format with a file size no larger than 512 MB.
- Energy Code Compliance documents in PDF format.
- TDLR Architectural Barriers Registration number. (For project bids over $50,000)
- Commercial Remodel Checklist
- Commercial Remodel/Change of Use Questionnaire
- Use Verification Form
For those who wish to use the paper review process instead of electronic review, please bring two complete sets of all of the documents listed above as well as one additional 8 x 11 or 11 x 17 copy of the floor plan and the site plan.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.