Commercial Remodel Permit
Commercial remodel building permits, like their residential equivalent, are for improvements that do not add any new square footage to.
Energy Code Compliance documents are required for any conditioned or lighted space.
Permits are not required for “cosmetic” remodels (floor or wall covering, cabinets, counter tops, shelving, etc.) or plumbing fixture replacement.
What is needed
- Complete set of plans including site plan in PDF format with a file size no larger than 512 MB.
- Energy Code Compliance documents in PDF format.
- (For projects over $50,000) TDLR elimination of architectural barriers registration number.
- Commercial Remodel Checklist
- Commercial Remodel/Change of Use Questionnaire
- Use Verification Form
For those who wish to use the paper review process instead of electronic review, bring the following: two complete sets of plans, one 11-by-17 inch copy of the floor plan, two copies of energy code compliance documents.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.