Effective Jan. 1, 2017
- 2015 International Building Code with Local Amendments
- 2015 International Mechanical Code with Local Amendments
- 2015 International Residential Code with Local Amendments
- 2015 International Energy Code with Local Amendments
- 2015 International Plumbing Code and 2015 International Fuel Gas Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2015 International Existing Building Code with Local Amendments
- 2015 International Fire Code with Local Amendments
- Fort Worth Administrative Building Code.
2009 Building Codes
These are effective until Jan. 1, 2017, when the 2015 codes will take effect.
- 2009 IEBC
- Retroactive Smoke Detectors
- 2009 International Building Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2009 International Mechanical Code Amendments
- 2009 International Plumbing Code and International Fuel Gas Code Amendments
- 2009 International Residential Code Amendments
- 2003 Sign Code Amendments
Purchasing Code Books
You may purchase codebooks through the International Code Council by calling 1-800-786-4452 or through other Internet sources. The Planning & Development Department Customer Service Section has a limited selection of codebooks, which will be available for purchase. The City of Fort Worth code amendment books will continue to be available for purchase at the Planning & Development Customer Service Section.
Other City Code References:
- Zoning Regulations: Appendix A
- Development Standards: Appendix A, Chapter 6
- Landscaping: Appendix A, Chapter 6, Article 3
- Subdivision: Chapter 31
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.
Permit Fee Schedules
- 2017 Fee Schedule
- 2016 Fee Changes
- Platting, Zoning and Board of Adjustment
- Electrical and Sign
- Building Fee Estimator
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing fees include a Fee Estimation worksheet. You can estimate your building permit fees by selecting the Building Fee Estimator link. You will need to know the occupancy code for commercial construction permit fee estimates. For residential, occupancy code R is for the dwelling structure and occupancy code U is for garage, carport or other structure.