Home > Departments > Planning & Development > Permits
The City of Fort Worth subscribes to the 2014 National Electric Code and the 2009 International Building Codes.Please find the most recent City of Fort Worth amendments and interpretations below.
- 2014 National Electrical Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2009 IEBC
- Retroactive Smoke Detectors
- 2009 International Building Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code Adoption and Amendments
- 2009 International Mechanical Code Amendments
- 2009 International Plumbing Code and International Fuel Gas Code Amendments
- 2009 International Residential Code Amendments
- 2003 Sign Code Amendments
- Current Fire Code Amendments
You may purchase codebooks through the International Code Council by calling 1-800-786-4452 or through other Internet sources. The Planning & Development Department Customer Service Section has a limited selection of codebooks, which will be available for purchase. The City of Fort Worth code amendment books will continue to be available for purchase at the Planning & Development Customer Service Section.
Other City Code References:
- Zoning Regulations: Appendix A
- Development Standards: Appendix A, Chapter 6
- Landscaping: Appendix A, Chapter 6, Article 3
- Subdivision: Chapter 31
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.
Permit Fee Schedules
- 2014 Fee Changes
- Platting, Zoning and Board of Adjustment
- Electrical and Sign
- Building Fee Estimator
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing fees include a Fee Estimation worksheet. You can estimate your building permit fees by selecting the Building Fee Estimator link. You will need to know the occupancy code for commercial construction permit fee estimates. For residential, occupancy code R is for the dwelling structure and occupancy code U is for garage, carport or other structure.