Upon submittal of complete permit application, the following review standards apply for first review comments.
- Commercial: 7 business days
- Residential: 7 business days
- 7 business days
- Concept Plan: 3 weeks after original submittal. Approval following the Plan Commission meeting (normally 30 days after original submittal if the submittal deadline is met)
- Preliminary Plat: 3 weeks form submittal for first review comments. Approval based on how quickly comments are addresses and revisions submitted. Plat approval must be granted by Plan Commission.
- Final Plat: 3 weeks from submittal for first review comments. Approval based on how quickly comments are addressed and revisions submitted. Could be as little as 4–5 weeks from application to several months based on how quickly review comments/conditions can be addressed.
- Minor Plat: 3 weeks from submittal for first review comments. Approval based on how quickly comments are addressed and revisions submitted. Could be as little as 4–5 weeks from application to several months based on how quickly review comments/conditions can be addressed.
Plat Related Reviews
- Storm Water Management Plan: 10–15 business days
- Water and/or Sewer Study: 3–5 business days from receipt
- Traffic Impact Study: 7 days from receipt of TIA
- Flood Plain Study: 30 days
- Park Plan/Fee In-Lieu: 45–90 (or more) days ordering a Fair Market Appraisal through HED
- Administrative: 3 weeks for first review comments from staff, approximately 45 days to approval
- Council Approval: 3 weeks for first review comments, then it is placed onto the next Plan Commission Agenda. If recommended for approval, M&C is drafted and item placed onto the next City Council Agenda (circa 3 months)
Infrastructure Plan Review
- IPRC Review: 2 weeks for first comments from start of cycle.
Community Facility Agreements
Note: Council approval is required when there is city participation (funds) involved in the construction.
- Administrative: 30–45 days
- Council Approval: 45–60 days
- Commercial: 4–7 week process depending on when application is made
- Residential: 4–7 week process depending on when application is made
Permanent Encroachment Agreement
- Administrative: comments within 5 working days/entire contract done within 2–3 weeks
- Council Approval: 6-8 week process. Comments within 5 working days/M&C drafted and routed once approved by City Council, contracts are executed.
- Sign: 3 business days
- Unified Sign Agreement: 3 weeks
Flood Plain Development
- Flood Plain Development Permit: 30 days review/approval
- CLOMR/LOMR: Average CLOMR/LOMR is 270 days/ city review is 30 days
- Corridor Development Certificate: Several months — mostly out of the city's hands and in the control of the Army Corps of Engineers
Temporary Encroachment Permits (roadway and street closures)
- 2-3 days from receipt of application
- Plan Review: 7 business days
- Inspections: Inspection requests received by 5 a.m. will be placed on that day's inspection list. Those received after 5 a.m. will be placed on the next day's list.
- Above Ground Fuel Tank: 3–5 business days
- Access Control: 3–5 business days
- Fire Sprinkler: 3–5 business days
- Alarm Permit: 3–5 business days
- Hazardous Materials Facility Permit: 3–5 business days
- Kitchen Hood Fire Supression Permit: 3–5 business days
- Smoke Control/Exhaust Permit: 3-5 business days
- Standpipe Permit: 3–5 business days
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids Construction Permit: 3–5 business days
- All Inspections: 2–5 business days
Permit Fee Schedules
- Platting, Zoning and Board of Adjustment
- Electrical and Sign
- Building Fee Estimator
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing fees include a Fee Estimation worksheet. You can estimate your building permit fees by selecting the Building Fee Estimator link. You will need to know the occupancy code for commercial construction permit fee estimates. For residential, occupancy code R is for the dwelling structure and occupancy code U is for garage, carport or other structure.