Garage sales and estate sales are permitted within the Fort Worth city limits, but must follow these rules:
- No more than two sales on the same premises in any one calendar year.
- Sales are held by a person who does not hold himself out as engaging in, or does not habitually engage in, the business of selling such property at retail
- Sales must be confined to the garage and/or patio of the premises.
- No new merchandise acquired solely for the purpose of resale may be sold at the garage/estate sale.
- Sales may last no more than three consecutive calendar days.
- A permit shall be secured at least 72 hours prior to the sale and shall be prominently posted on the premises during the sale.
- One sign advertising the sale is allowed on the premises only, and must not exceed 2 square feet in size. All other signs, either on or off the premises, are prohibited.
For more information, contact Planning & Development customer service at 817-392-2222.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.
Permit Fee Schedules
- 2014 Fee Changes
- Platting, Zoning and Board of Adjustment
- Electrical and Sign
- Building Fee Estimator
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing fees include a Fee Estimation worksheet. You can estimate your building permit fees by selecting the Building Fee Estimator link. You will need to know the occupancy code for commercial construction permit fee estimates. For residential, occupancy code R is for the dwelling structure and occupancy code U is for garage, carport or other structure.