Home > Departments > Planning & Development > Permits

Sign Ordinance and Permits

Required documents for sign permit inlcude:

View the current City of Fort Worth Sign Ordinance.

The Sign Ordinance includes regulations governing all signs in Fort Worth, including political signs, window signs, attached signs, detached signs, unified sign agreements, electronic changeable copy signs, sales office/model home signs, homebuilder directional signs and on premise signs. The sign ordinance prohibits any new off premise sign or billboards.

Residential home builders/developers are required to use kiosks for off-premise directional signage. Any interested builder or developer should contact George Faris, at Baker Clearview Kiosk Systems, 817-737-4472.

Developer and Builder Signs / City Kiosk Program Information Summary

For Sign Permit information, contact the Development Inspector Specialist-Sign, Jimmy Greene at 817-392-7848.

If you have additional questions concerning the sign or zoning ordinance, contact the Zoning staff at 817-392-8028.

For all other questions, contact Customer Service at 817-392-2222.

Online Permitting


What permits can I apply for online?

Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.

New users: Register for an account.

Watch the online training video to learn more.

Permit Fee Schedules


Accommodations & Accessibility

Accommodations are available for residents who have accessibility requirements. To learn more about accessibility accommodations available from the City of Fort Worth, visit the Accessibility page or request an accommodation due to disability.