Rising Stars is a summer program that provides youth ages 13-18 with exposure to area businesses, agencies and civic groups to provide them with a positive perspective on what their future can hold.
The program is meant to increase educational competence, physical and social development, and increase life skills. The program also exposes these participants to a variety of professional fields, to help further their interests and provide them with guidance on how to succeed at those types of jobs.
Registration deadline for Summer 2018 is May 25.
Topics that are frequently addressed as part of the Rising Stars program include:
- Public speaking
- Applying for college
- Nutrition and fine dining etiquette
- Money management
- Setting and achieving goals
- Fitness and wellness
- Dressing for success
- Peer pressure and bullying
- Community service projects
- Dangers of drugs and alcohol
The Rising Stars program is funded by the Community Service Block Grant - Community Action Partners program of the city’s Neighborhood Services.
The most recent class of Rising Stars included a group of older teens who expressed an interest in the medical field. They were able to attend a health class at TCC that ran for seven weeks, learning about anatomy, physiology, first aid, JPS Emergency Room care, infection control and immunizations, and standard medical terminology.
For more information, call 817-392-5790.
Open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Andrew "Doc" Session 201 S. Sylvania Ave. Fort Worth, 76111
- Como 4900 Horne St. Fort Worth, 76107
- Martin Luther King 5565 Truman Drive Fort Worth, 76112
- North Tri-Ethnic 2950 Roosevelt Ave. Fort Worth, 76106
- Northside 1100 NW 18th St. Fort Worth, 76164
- Southside 959 E. Rosedale St. Fort Worth, 76104
- Worth Heights 3551 New York Ave. Fort Worth, 76110
- Southeast Arlington 401 W Sanford, Ste. 2700, Arlington, TX 76011
This attached report below, is completed by the City of Fort Worth’s Community Action Partners,. It documents the Tarrant County Community Needs Assessment results for 2018.
Black History Program at Como Community Center: 6 p.m. Feb. 28, 2019; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300
Fort Worth, 76115