Mandatory Restrictions in Effect
On June 3, 2013, Fort Worth initiated Stage 1 mandatory water restrictions. In this stage, landscape watering is limited to a twice a week schedule. Click to view Stage 1 Restrictions.
Be Water Smart
Current drought conditions and low lake levels have brought the scarity of water to the forefront of everyone's attention. But in the midst of restrictions, there are things you can do to be smart in your water use.
- Bring your system in line. Check and repair any visible leaks, broken sprinklers heads or rotors, and make sure your system is set to water no more than your two scheduled days.
- Water smart. Make sure you water a little while, turn off the system to let the water soak in, and then water a little more. This process, known as "cycle and soak" helps reduce water runoff.
- Use drip irrigation. Drip irrigation reduces evaporation and increases water efficiency.
- Be an advocate. Please help us spread the word. Wise water use is everyone's responsibility.
News to Know
- Water Home Page
- SmartWater Award Winners
- Classes & Events
- Stage 1 Restrictions in Effect
- Report Water Waste
- Variance Form/Checklist
Report Water Waste