Walk-through with Homeowner
|Irrigation Ordinance||Irrigation Plan and As-Built Plan/Designs||Maintenance Checklist (pdf)|
Upon completion of the irrigation system installation or alteration, the Irrigator or Irrigation Technician who provided supervision for the on-site installation shall complete the following:
- The Irrigator or Irrigation Technician shall perform a final walk-through inspection with the irrigation system’s owner or the owner’s representative. The walk-through shall include a review of those items on the maintenance checklist as described in subsection (b).
- The items on the maintenance checklist required in subsection (a) shall include:
- The Irrigator’s name, license number, company name, telephone number;
- The location of the water meter, isolation valve, backflow prevention assembly, sprinkler heads, drip or pressure compensating tubing irrigation, rain or moisture and freeze shut-off device;
- The Irrigation Plan;
- The manufacturer’s manual for the automatic controller;
- A seasonal (spring, summer, fall, winter) watering schedule based on either current/real time evapotranspiration or monthly historical reference evapotranspiration (historical ET) data, monthly effective rainfall estimates, plant landscape coefficient factors, and site factors;
- A list of components, such as the nozzle, or pump filters, and other such components that require maintenance and the recommended frequency for the service; and
The following statement, “This Irrigation System has been installed in accordance with all applicable state and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations or orders. I have tested the system and determined that it has been installed according to the Irrigation Plan and is properly adjusted for the most efficient application of water at this time.”
- The Irrigator or Irrigation Technician shall obtain the signature of the irrigation system’s owner or owner’s representative on the maintenance checklist which evidences that a walk-through by the two parties was performed and included a review of those items in (b) above. If the irrigation system’s owner or owner’s representative is unwilling or unable to sign the maintenance checklist, the Irrigator or Irrigation Technician shall note the time and date of the refusal on the irrigation system’s owner or owner’s representative’s signature line.
- The Irrigator or the Irrigation Technician shall provide the irrigation system owner or owner’s representative the signed original maintenance checklist and a copy of the Irrigation Plan.
- The Irrigator or Irrigation Technician shall permanently affix the Irrigator’s name, license number, company name, telephone number to each automatic controller installed by the Irrigator or Irrigation Technician. The information must be waterproof.
- In the event that the irrigation system owner or owner’s representative is a residential home builder, then a copy of the Irrigation Plan indicating the actual installation of the system and corresponding maintenance checklist must be placed within or attached to the automatic controller when such home is sold. A signed statement from the new owner and the residential home builder, or builder’s representative, stating they have received and transferred, respectively, a copy of the Irrigation Plan and maintenance checklist must be provided to the City’s Water Department within 30 days of the transfer to the new owner.
- A person commits an offense if that person fails to comply with the terms of this Section.
If you have any questions, please call 817-392-8531 or 817-392-8375.
Report Water Waste
Fort Worth has year-round watering restrictions which include a no more than twice a week irrigation schedule. Please report water waste online or use the MyFtWorth app for smartphones. Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions.