Animal Shelter Task Force
On November 17, 2015, the Fort Worth City Council approved a resolution to create an Animal Shelter Task Force, an independent body of experts that will look into the operations of the Fort Worth Animal Shelter.
The task force has reviewed operations and adherence of procedures and laws from December and March. A final report was presented during the Pre-Council Work Session March 22, 2016, and City Council will consider a resolution to accept the report at its meeting April 5, schedule for 7 p.m.
The task force was comprised of:
- Charles Daniels, former Fort Worth and Dallas assistant city manager
- Max Dow, director of Texas Animal Health Commission Region 3
- James Bias, president of SPCA of Texas
- Dustin Deel, director of the Weatherford-Parker County Animal Shelter
- Patrice Randle, city auditor and a non-voting member.
- Final Report to City Council (March 22, 2016, download the slides)
- Budget & Metrics Presentation (Jan. 6, 2016)
Monthly ACC Report
The monthly Code Report includes Animal Care & Control code reports and additional public service code reports.
Code Compliance is in the process of reviewing animal ordinances.
The Animal Task Force reviewed operations and adherence of procedures and laws from December through March.
Chuck Silcox Animal Care & Control Center
4900 Martin St.
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Dr. Tim Morton