Six Points Urban Village
This urban village is centered around the Race Street commercial center, located at the intersection of Race, Riverside and Belknap streets.
This photo, taken during the 2012 Better Block event on Race Street, demonstrates how a street can creatively be narrowed.
When the historic McAdams building was slated for demolition, the community rallied to find an investor to save it. The effort has served as a catalyst for revitalization. Designated as an urban village in 2005, the area has seen new residential construction and the renovation of existing buildings on Race Street.
- Urban Village Streetscapes Project Update (May 30, 2019)
- Phase II Preconstruction (November 08, 2018)
- Design Charrette (March 19-22, 2015)
- Streetscape Improvements
- Bluebonnet Circle
- Evans & Rosedale
- Historic Handley
- Historic Marine
- Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup
- Near East Side
- Oakland Corners
- Six Points
- South Main
- West Seventh
- Commercial Corridor Revitalization Strategy
- Urban Village Development Program
- Façade Improvement Program