If you are a senior citizen who meets the qualifications below, the City will provide and install up to two free ultra-high efficiency, dual-flush toilets. These WaterSense labeled toilets use no more than 1.28 gallons of water per flush (gpf), compared to older, high flow models that use 3.5 to 7 gpf.
- Are you at least 70 years of age?
- Do you have an active Fort Worth water account?
- Do you own or rent a home built before 1994? If you rent, a Landlord Consent Form must be submitted with your application.
- Do you have a toilet that is at least 15 years old, using 3 or more gallons per flush (gpf). Note: If you’ve remodeled or replaced a broken toilet since 1994, existing 1.6 gpf toilets do not qualify for replacement. ( Check to see if your toilet qualifies.)
If you answered yes to all the questions above, please submit an application. Copies of the application are available at area libraries and all Water Department pay locations.
- Apply online
- Download an application and mail supporting documentation (i.e., Landlord Consent Form or doctor’s authorization.)
If approved, new toilets will be installed by a contracted plumber. By making the choice to switch, you can save water and money with every flush…now that’s smart.
Not 70, but low-income? See if you qualify for the CARE (Low-Income) Program.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Toilets are issued on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
Report Water Waste
Fort Worth has year-round watering restrictions which include a no more than twice a week irrigation schedule. Please report water waste online or use the MyFtWorth app for smartphones. Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions.