The City of Fort Worth currently does not provide commercial recycling services, but staff is available to answer questions about starting a recycling program for your business, church, school or multi-family housing complex.
Contact the city’s Commercial Recycling Coordinator at 817-392-5151 to learn more about starting a recycling program.
Starting a Recycling Program
Before you talk to a recycling provider or waste hauler, consider your building, your operational needs and your recycling goals as well as access limitations at your facility.
Questions to consider include:
- What potential recyclables are we throwing away?
- Which recyclables will be the easiest to collect?
- How valuable are these recyclables?
- Which employee or building manager will be responsible for coordinating the recycling effort?
- If a recycling container is needed, where can it be located?
Questions To Ask When Choosing a Recycling Provider
- What types of material do you accept?
- What is the minimum amount of material you will accept?
- Can our recyclables be collected in a single container or do they need to be separated by type (i.e. metal, paper, plastic, etc.)?
- Do you provide containers or bags for recyclables?
- What is the rate for your recycling services, and will recycling a greater amount of material than expected affect our rate?
- Can we reduce the amount or frequency of waste collections (and in turn, cost) by recycling?
- How much does it cost to add additional types of recycling to our service in the future?
- Can we partner with other companies in our building/facility?
- Do you provide waste audits at our facility to assist in determining what to recycle?
- How often do you collect recyclables? Is it on a set schedule or on a call-in basis?
- Can you provide us with the amount/weight of material we are recycling?
Commercial Recycling Service Providers
Recycling vendors are exempt from the waste hauler Grant of Privilege required by the City of Fort Worth.
This list is not comprehensive and is not an endorsement of any businesses or the services provided by them. Check the Internet or Yellow Pages for other recycling vendors.
|Big City Crushed Concrete||972-243-5820||Concrete|
|Clean Harbors||214-631-1660||Hazardous waste disposal, industrial cleaning, remediation, emergency response|
|Commodity Recycling Solutions LLC||817-300-6958||Electronics, Hospital Equipment, Metals, Single Stream*, C&D**|
|Conex||1-866-879-2663||Single Stream* Recycling in 96-gallon carts or dumpster service|
|Cowtown Excavating||817-232-9702||Concrete Recycling|
|Custom Recycling Solutions LLC||972-342-7639||Single Stream* recycling totes, roll-off rentals|
|DeBass LLC||972-248-1679||Single Stream* carted recycling for multifamily & business, Electronics, Stryrofoam (no peanuts or food-grade products)|
|Evergreen Paper Recycling||817-293-4400||Paper, Plastic|
|Foam Fabricators||817-623-0034||Packaging Styrofoam (no peanuts or food grade products)|
|Fusion Recycling||972-675-7767||Single Stream*, Multifamily, Business Recycling; Food Waste|
|Heritage Environmental||918-627-2671||Hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal and management, oil and gas/refinery services|
|Jereco Recycled Materials||817-561-1755||Clean concrete and asphalt|
|Lighting Resources Texas LLC||817-921-1440||Batteries, fluorescent lamps, electronics, and universal waste|
|Mantis Environmental||469-400-5255||Hazardous waste disposal, industrial cleaning, remediation, emergency response|
|Moore Recycling LLC./Paper Retriever||214-357-4357||Paper and cardboard only|
|Northside Scrap Metal Recycling||817-626-5771||Scrap Metal|
|Progressive/Waste Connections||817-222-2221||Single Stream*, C&D**, LEED, Paper Hauler|
|Project Cure||832-251-2489||Usable hospital & medical supplies|
|Protect Environmental Services||817-589-9005||hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal and management|
|Republic Services Co.||817-332-7301||Single Stream*, Brush, C&D**|
|Service Waste Inc.||817-924-8005||Cardboard, paper, plastic, wood, metal, LEED|
|Silver Creek Materials||817-246-2426||Brush, Pallets|
|SouthWaste Services Inc.||972-406-1215||Grease Trap Grease|
|Texas Carpet Recycling||817-552-1011||Carpet|
|Thelin Recycling Co. LLC||817-926-5626||Brush, Asphalt shingles, C&D**, Concrete, Scrap metal|
|Trans-Environmental Services||972-243-1210||Hazardous waste disposal, industrial cleaning, remediation, emergency response|
|Trashbusters Inc.||817-929-4665||Multifamily Valet & Single Stream* Hauler|
|Valet Waste||855-395-3335||Multifamily Valet only, no hauling service|
|WSI||214-501-8100||Multifamily Valet and Single Stream* Hauler|
|Waste Away LLC||866-999-8983 (ext. 700)||Multifamily Valet only, no hauling service|
|Waste Management||817-348-2600||Single Stream* Hauler, LEED, Cardboard only, C&D**, Electronics|
* Single Stream — Paper, Metal, Glass, and Plastic collected for recycling in a commingled form.
** Construction and Demolition material
Fort Worth requires property managers and owners of apartments and condominiums with eight of more units to provide recycling services for their residents.
Visit the Multifamily Recycling page to learn more about the rules.
Report an issue by phone:
The call center is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Get collection reminders and look up how to dispose of waste on your smartphone with the new City of Fort Worth Garbage & Recycling app.
City of Fort Worth curbside garbage and recycling services are provided by Waste Management and Knight Waste Services.