Solid Waste Services
Fort Worth provides residential curbside garbage pickup one time per week in the residents choice of three brown cart sizes. The city also offers weekly collection of recycling in the blue carts and yard waste in the green carts. All weekly collections take place on the same day.
For items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit into the brown garbage cart, curbside collection is made monthly.
- All garbage must be contained in garbage bags within the brown cart.
- The lid must be completely closed.
- Overstuffed carts will not be picked up.
- Bags left outside the cart will not be picked up (except city-issued "Pay Bags").
- The cart must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your pickup day.
- You may set out your cart after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day.
- Place cart so that the handle faces your house and the serial number faces the street.
- Place cart a few inches from the curb or edge of the street; do not place cart in street.
- Retrieve cart from curb by midnight on your pickup day.
- City ordinance requires residents to store carts so they can’t be seen from a public street while standing in front of the house.
Report an issue by phone:
The call center is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.