Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup Urban Village
The Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup village is located at the intersection of Berry Street and Stalcup Road near the historic Stop Six neighborhoods in southeast Fort Worth in Council District 5.
Stakeholders of the Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup village envision a vibrant, compact, pedestrian-oriented mixed-use environment that provides neighborhood retail services and open space amenities within walking distance to residential areas.
In 2006, the Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup village was awarded a $50,000 grant to undertake community driven planning planning process that will focused on an array of issues including determining appropriate urban village or mixed-use zoning boundaries, analysis of existing and proposed land uses, transportation needs and priorities, and identifying development opportunities. The planning process resulted in a City Council adopted master plan that will help guide future redevelopment of the area.
The advocacy and professional organizations that promote business development and investment in this village include the Historic Carver Heights, Ramey Place and Stop Six Sunrise Edition Neighborhood Associations, and Southeast Fort Worth Inc., a nonprofit redevelopment corporation.
- Master Plan
- Buxton Study of retail potenital
- NEZ designation
- Three nearby neighborhoods awarded a $1.2 million grant from the City’s Model Blocks program
- Historic Carver Heights, 2006
- Stop Six Sunrise Edition, 2005
- East Carver Heights, 2004
- Urban village rezoned to Low Intensity Mixed-Use, 2008
- Historic district - Historic Carver Heights.
- Council-initiated rezoning from B Two Family districts (duplex uses) to a neighborhood compatible A-5 and A 7.5 Single Family districts, 2005.
Patrina Newton, 817-392-8068
- Bluebonnet Circle
- Evans & Rosedale
- Historic Handley
- Historic Marine
- Lake Arlington/Berry/Stalcup
- Near East Side
- Oakland Corners
- Six Points
- South Main
- West Seventh
- Commercial Corridor Revitalization Strategy
- Urban Village Development Program
- Façade Improvement Program