As one of the nation’s fastest growing large cities, Fort Worth faces the challenge of providing adequate infrastructure and resources for that growing population - all while maintaining or improving quality of life for current and future residents.
Sustainability Task Force
In January 2009, the Fort Worth City Council appointed a Sustainability Task Force to investigate ways to ensure city infrastructure and resources can keep pace with growth.
View the results of their three-phase plan:
- Sustainable Design Assessment Team Report (American Institute of Architects)
- Improve Energy Efficiency in Your Home or Business
- Region C Water Planning
- Vision North Texas
- Fort Worth Transportation Authority Master Plan
- Center of Development Excellence
- North Central Texas Smartscape
- Water Sense
- Native and Adapted Plant List (provided by the Native Plant Society of Texas, North Central chapter).
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- National Green Building Standard
- Green Building Initiative
- Urban Land Institute
- Energy Star Buildings and Plants
- Sustainable Sites
- Green Built North Texas