Take Back Meds Day
Drop off your unused and expired medications for safe disposal during Take Back Meds Day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 28, 2018.
The National Take Back Meds Day is a partnership with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and area cities to allow residents to bring expired, unused and unwanted over-the-counter and prescription drugs, veterinary medicines, samples, vitamins and herbal supplements for safe disposal -- no questions asked. Medications will be accepted at the following partnered city collection sites:
- Police South Division
505 E. Felix St.
- Police East Division (Parking lot by property room)
3616 E. Lancaster Ave.
- Sylvania Park
3700 E. Belknap St.
- Ridgmar Mall (North parking lot by Dillards)
1888 Green Oaks Rd.
- Weatherford 9th Grade Center
1007 South Main St.
No illegal drugs are accepted. Residents are asked to keep medication in original containers and remove all personal information from containers before dropping off medicines.
In addition to the event, permanent drug collection boxes are now in place at several locations. Learn what you can take to a medicine drop box and view a list of locations.
For more information, contact our 24-hour hotline at 817-392-1234.
- Veterinary medications
- Vitamins, minerals and samples
- Oxygen tanks, inhalers or nebulizers
- Needles and other sharps
- Thermometers or IV bags
Before you arrive
- Keep medicines in original containers
- Mark through personal information
- Stay in your vehicle at all times