City Government > Town Halls
Town Halls for All
Thanks to today's hectic and busy society, getting citizens — of all ages — involved in charting the course for their city requires more creative approaches than the typical town hall meeting.
Mayor Betsy founded Walking, Rolling and Caffeinated Town Halls to break the mold of that traditional, worn-out and sometimes boring town hall meeting with a casual — and active — way for citizens to connect with this city's elected leaders.
Come on out to our next town hall gathering to meet your representatives and have your voice heard! You might even have some fun with city leaders while you're at it!
It's Your Fort Worth, and we want to hear from you!
|June 26-July 17||Various Times||Tour de Fort Worth||Citywide|
|July 9||8:30-9:45 a.m.||Annual Base Ride||Naval Air Station/Joint Reserve Base||District 7|
|July 23||10-11 p.m.||Caffeinated/Walking||To be determined||District 9|
|Aug. 3||6-11 p.m.||Rolling||To be determined||District 9|
|Aug. 11||noon-11 p.m.||Participate on Twitter|
|Aug. 13||10-11 p.m.||Caffeinated||To be determined||District 6|
|Aug. 17||6-11 p.m.||Rolling & Walking||To be determined||District 2|
|Aug. 20||10-11 p.m.||Walking or Caffeinated||To be determined||District 8|
|Aug. 31||6-11 p.m.||Rolling Town hall||To be determined||District 3|
|Sept. 14||6-11 p.m.||Rolling & Walking||To be determined||District 5|
|Sept. 24||10-11 p.m.||Walking||To be determined||District 6|
|Sept. 28||6-11 p.m.||Rolling & Walking||To be determined||District 8|
|Oct. 1||10-11 p.m.||Walking or Caffeinated||To be determined||District 5|
|Oct. 12||6-11 p.m.||Rolling||To be determined||District 7|
|Oct. 19||6-11 p.m.||Rolling||To be determined||District 2|
|Oct. 27||6:30-11 p.m.||Spooky Bike Ride||Fort Worth Water Gardens||Water Gardens|
About the Town Halls
Rolling Town Halls
Grab your bike and bring your ideas for Fort Worth. Join Mayor Betsy (and certain Council members) and Bike FW at the Rolling Town Halls. Enjoy a casual ride through a planned route to see different parts of your city and to share how we can keep improving! What to expect:
- Casual (easy) bike ride, geared to be family friendly ... no competitive racing
- Length of rides between 5 and 7 miles or about 45 minutes
- Typically, the rides will start and end in parks, community center parking lots, businesses or neighborhood amenity centers
Walking Town Halls
Strap your walking shoes and bring your ideas for a casual stroll and an active conversation about your community. Mayor Betsy is taking to the sidewalks for Walking Town Halls. These are fantastic opportunities to engage with Mayor Betsy and councilmembers while highlighting individual districts' improvements and needs. What to expect:
- Slower-paced “show and tell” atmosphere
- Typically, we will walk a brisk mile or a mile and a half
- Locations vary by district and season, but usually we walk through parks, neighborhoods or via pedestrian friendly sidewalks
Caffeinated Town Halls
Mayor Betsy is teaming up with other members of City Council to host community coffees throughout Fort Worth. Come on out to chat with Mayor Betsy and your councilmember about what is important to you in your neighborhood and around town. What to expect:
- Informal conversation over a cup of coffee at 10 a.m. on Saturday mornings
- Held at local businesses, community centers, library meeting rooms and schools
- Can't be there in person? Watch these on FWTV.