Ground Transportation Office
The Ground Transportation Office administers city code provisions around vehicle-for-hire services, such as:
- Transportation Network Company (TNCs)
- Group cycles
- Horse-drawn carriages
- Other vehicle-for-hire passenger vehicles
In addition to working with businesses that hold or are applying for operating licenses in Fort Worth, the ground transportation coordinator works directly with the local hospitality industry and other jurisdictions.
To obtain operating authority for your vehicle-for-hire business:
- Apply for a Vehicle-for-Hire Operating License
- Apply for a Vehicle-for-Hire Compliance Certificate
- Request to operate non-motorized vehicles outside designated areas and time exceptions
There is a $500 fee, due at time of application, to obtain an operating license. The fee is non-refundable.
The operating license is valid for two years and is non-transferable.