Opening, Closing and Transferring Accounts
To open a new account, contact our 24-hour Customer Service at 817-392-4477 or stop by one of our customer service locations. The following information is needed at least one day prior to your desired service activation:
- name, social security number and driver’s license number of the person responsible for the account;
- name of the present property owner;
- if available, the name of the previous owner or tenant
A minimum deposit of $50 is required for residential accounts and is applied to your first billing. The deposit can be waived for residential accounts if the following criteria apply:
- the customer has had at least 12 consecutive months of utility service with the City of Fort Worth within the previous 12 month period without ANY late payments; OR
- the customer provides a letter of credit reference from another utility, such as electric, landline phone, water, etc, noting they have had at least 12 consecutive months of service within the previous 12 month period without ANY late payments
Customers who meet this criteria can fax the information to 817-392-8137.
Additional information related to deposits
The deposit may be refunded after one year if the customer maintains a good payment history. Deposit amounts may be increased at any time because of poor payment history. It should be noted that commercial account deposits vary and can not be waived. Commercial account deposits can only be refunded at account termination. They are not eligible to be refunded while the account is still active.
An activation charge of $20 is also included on the first billing. This fee covers costs associated with application processing. There is an additional fee of $10 for same day service requests.
If you are transferring service within Fort Worth, please follow these steps:
- Call in before your move so we can continue your service without interruption.
- Be prepared to provide your water account number or your former service address, your new address and your service request dates.
- Please note: A $20 transfer service charge will be included on your first bill at the new address.
- There is an additional fee for same day transfer service.
If you are moving out of town, follow these steps:
- Tell us when you want to stop service at your old address by calling 817-392-4477.
- Be prepared to give your forwarding address, city, zip code and account number. If you have a deposit on file, it will be credited to your final bill, and any remaining balance will be forwarded to you.
To terminate or discontinue water service, please contact Water Customer Service at 817-392-4477. Please be prepared to provide the following information.
- Address or account number for the address you want to terminate service
- Termination date for service
- Forwarding address, including city and zip for the final bill.
If you have a deposit on file, it will be credited to your final bill, and any remaining balance will be forwarded to you.
- Segment of Main Street to be closed, water service shut off March 1 for leak repair
- Arlington Heights water and wastewater line construction wrapping up
- Construction on wastewater mains to begin in the Carter Riverside area
- Morningside water and wastewater project to wrap up soon
- Harder named assistant Water Department director
- New water line to serve residents in Wall Price Keller Road area
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
- Leftover medications around the house? You have two options for proper disposal
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
John Robert Carman