Contract water meters are used to measure the volume of water withdrawn from fire hydrants within the City of Fort Worth. These meters are available for issuance to customers through the downtown walk-in area of the Customer Service Division at 908 Monroe (the former Lone Star Gas Building), Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Meters are issued upon receipt of a deposit and completion of an application for a contract meter.
If you have any questions related to these fees, please contact Customer Service at 817-FW-24HRS (817-392-4477).
Any person/company that contracts with the Fort Worth Water Department for a contract water meter is responsible for ensuring that the meter connection is protected against backflow/back-siphonage. Meters must be protected by a backflow assembly or air gap and the assembly must be tested upon installation, repair or relocation.
Contractors are required to complete a contract meter questionnaire as well as submit an original Test Sheet or picture of the air gap within 10 days of contract date. Please contact a registered backflow tester to have the assembly tested.
Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the contract as well as the enforcement process as listed in Ordinance 12274. The Fort Worth Water Department will perform unscheduled inspections to ensure that contractors are compliant.
Information must be mailed to:
- Fort Worth Water Department
- Backflow Office/Contract Meters
- 920 Fournier Street
- Fort Worth, TX 76102
Questionnaires and pictures may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Customer Service for additional information on contracting water meters
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please feel free to contact us.
- Backflow/Cross Connection Control Section
- 920 Fournier Street
- Fort Worth, Texas 76102
- 817-932.8834 Fax
- Water and sewer main construction to start in Lake Worth area
- Bluebonnet Circle construction to begin soon
- Learn the basics of conserving water through smart landscaping
- City taking next step toward making west side water reclamation facility a reality
- High water use bill adjustment requirements posted online
- Water, sewer rates changed as of Jan. 1
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website