Contractor water meters are used to measure the volume of water withdrawn from fire hydrants. These meters are primarily used for construction, landscape operations or special events.
The contractor meter agreement, payment of the deposit and proof of a backflow assembly Contractor Meter Backflow Assembly Form for the meter are handled at the Water Customer Service Section, 908 Monroe St., Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The deposit is $2,500.
The Meter Services Section issues the meters once the completed paperwork from Water Customer Service is presented. Contractor meters can be picked up and returned between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Meter Services Section, 1120 Fournier St.
Term of the contract is one year. The meter is only for use on City of Fort Worth fire hydrants.
Any person/company that enters an agreement with Fort Worth for a contractor water meter is responsible for ensuring that the meter connection is protected against backflow. Meters must be protected by a backflow assembly or air gap and the assembly must be tested upon installation, repair or relocation.
Contractors are required to submit an original Test Sheet or picture of the air gap within 10 days of contract the agreement date. Please contact a registered backflow tester to have the assembly tested. State regulations require the signed and dated original test report be submitted to the public water supplier.
Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the contract as well as the enforcement process as listed in Ordinance 12274. Fort Worth Water Department will perform unscheduled inspections to ensure that contractors are compliant.
Original test report (signed and dated) must be mailed to:
- Fort Worth Water Department
- Backflow Office/Contract Meters
- 920 Fournier Street
- Fort Worth, TX 76102
Please contact Customer Service for additional information on contractor water meters
- Water saving seminars resume online
- Additional city facilities to reopen June 29
- Fort Worth Water to resume assessing late fees and making shutoffs
- Monroe Street closed beginning June 24
- Water Department customer service lobby reopening
- Register for the new water bill payment site
- Apply for city's environmental awards program
- New water bill payment site coming June 15
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.