The City requires some commercial facilities to install and maintain grease or grit traps. These include:
- Food Service Establishments
- Commercial Laundries & Laundromats
- Vehicle Washing Facilities
- Automotive Repair Facilities
In order to protect the collection system (sanitary sewer) and the wastewater treatment plant, the City has the right to require any commercial facility that it deems necessary to install and maintain grease or grit traps. For more information on grease and grit traps please refer to the City’s Grease Abatement web page.
Code of Management Practice for Silver Dischargers
On October 1, 2000, the City of Fort Worth implemented the Code of Management Practices (CMP) for Silver Dischargers. This program is administered by Pretreatment Services. Please use the contact information below for more information on the CMP program.
Please contact Pretreatment Services for any questions regarding commercial requirements.
- Pretreatment Services
- 920 Fournier Street; Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Office: 817-392-8305
- Fax: 817-392-8566
- Email: Pretreatment@fortworthtexas.gov
- Protect your pipes before freezing temperatures get here
- New hours for Water Department's call center
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477 Select Option 1
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.