Chris Harder, P.E., was selected as water utility director in August 2018, after serving as interim water director since March 2018.
Harder joined Fort Worth in 1999 as a project engineer and was promoted to engineering manager in 2006. In 2017, he was selected as assistant director of the engineering division. A departmental reorganization in 2017 moved him to the role of assistant director of the strategic operations division. This division oversees capital project planning, asset management, regulatory compliance and laboratory operations.
His work experience includes capital planning, master plan studies and assessments, and design and management of numerous projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, storage tanks, pipelines and meter stations.
Harder is a registered professional engineer in Texas. He earned a Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from Valparaiso University, a Master of Science in civil engineering from the University of Texas at San Antonio and a master’s in business administration from Texas Christian University.
- Cooking for the holidays? Defend your drains
- Fort Worth sends water, staff to help Austin
- New hours for Water Department's call center
- Fort Worth wins 2018 WaterSense Partner of the Year Award
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- Learn the basics of water conservation
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477 Select Option 1
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.