Usually when water looks dirty, it’s due to changes in the way the water system is operating. When the flow of water changes directions in the pipes, it agitates settled materials at the bottom of the pipes. These changes can be caused by routine water main maintenance, broken fire hydrants or water main breaks. The water usually looks dirty for a short time and is drinkable once it clears.
One way to clear the dirty water out of your pipes is to run all your faucets for a few minutes. If the water is still not clear, then do the same thing again every half hour or so. The problem should go away within two to four hours. If it doesn’t, call Water Customer Service at 817-392-4477.
- Water and sewer main construction to start in Lake Worth area
- Learn the basics of conserving water through smart landscaping
- City taking next step toward making west side water reclamation facility a reality
- High water use bill adjustment requirements posted online
- Water, sewer rates changed as of Jan. 1
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website