Usually when water looks dirty, it’s due to changes in the way the water system is operating. When the flow of water changes directions in the pipes, it agitates settled materials at the bottom of the pipes. These changes can be caused by routine water main maintenance, broken fire hydrants or water main breaks. The water usually looks dirty for a short time and is drinkable once it clears.
One way to clear the dirty water out of your pipes is to run all your faucets for a few minutes. If the water is still not clear, then do the same thing again every half hour or so. The problem should go away within two to four hours. If it doesn’t, call Water Customer Service at 817-392-4477.
- Buy water-saving products this weekend, save the tax
- Spruce up your sprinklers, save water this year
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website