Drinking Water Quality
Congress passed the Safe Drinking Water Act in 1974. The act requires the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to establish and enforce national drinking water standards. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has delegated the rule-making and enforcement authority for Texas to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
To view state and federal drinking water regulations, visit the web sites below.
- EPA Drinking Water Standards Summary
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 141
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 290
Water Quality Information
- Protect your pipes before freezing temperatures get here
- New hours for Water Department's call center
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477 Select Option 1
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.