Drinking Water Quality
Congress passed the Safe Drinking Water Act in 1974. The act requires the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to establish and enforce national drinking water standards. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has delegated the rule-making and enforcement authority for Texas to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
To view state and federal drinking water regulations, visit the web sites below.
- EPA Drinking Water Standards Summary
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 141
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 290
Water Quality Information
- Fort Worth sends water, staff to help Austin
- New hours for Water Department's call center
- Fort Worth wins 2018 WaterSense Partner of the Year Award
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- Learn the basics of water conservation
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477 Select Option 1
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.