Taste and Odor Problems
Contaminants found in drinking water may cause taste, color or odor problems. These do not necessarily indicate a change in the safety of your water. Water taste is affected by mineral content as well as the presence of chlorine.
Taste and odor problems may occur in any lake for a number of reasons, such as algae growth, changes in temperature, excessive rainfall, flooding, drought or dry weather conditions. If you experience a problem with the taste or odor of your water, let the water run for a few minutes to clear the lines or fill a pitcher and allow it to sit for several hours.
For more information on taste, odor or color of drinking water, contact us at 817-392-4477.
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- When water use spikes with extreme heat, so do water bills
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website