Seminars and Events
For years the Water Department has offered many initiatives to educate and inform residents about the department.
To continue the learning efforts, residents are invited to take advantage of the different events and/or programs below:
- Speakers Bureau – Have a water department staff member come to speak to your group, youth or adults, about a water topic
- YardSmart – a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees, and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each in the spring and the fall.
- Water Conserving Plant Sale – Plants that are native or adapted to the North Texas area can not only survive, but thrive in our hot Texas summers. Check out our e-magazine, which uniquely highlights a few of the many Texas Smartscape plants. Visit www.txsmartscape.com for more plants, trees, and vines.
- Free Water Saving Seminars – Learn the secret to having a healthy, beautiful lawn/garden even under water restrictions through these free monthly seminars
- EcoScape Contest – Fort Worth’s landscape contest winners announced
- Take Back Meds Program – Learn how you can get rid of your unwanted and expired medications in a safe and legal way this fall.
- New hours for Water Department's call center
- Fort Worth wins 2018 WaterSense Partner of the Year Award
- Higher water bills attributable to higher temperatures
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.