Seminars and Events
For years the Water Department has offered many initiatives to educate and inform residents about the department.
To continue the learning efforts, residents are invited to take advantage of the different events and/or programs below:
- Join us for the 5th Annual Chasing Leaks 5K to celebrate EPA’s Fix a Leak program, a WaterSense campaign. Household leaks can waste nearly 1 trillion gallons of water annually nationwide, so each year we hunt down the drips during Fix a Leak Week. Proceeds benefit the Water Payment Assistance program. Join us after the race for Earth Party.
- Speakers Bureau – Have a water department staff member come to speak to your group, youth or adults, about a water topic
- YardSmart – a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees, and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each in the spring and the fall.
- Water Conserving Plant Sale – Plants that are native or adapted to the North Texas area can not only survive, but thrive in our hot Texas summers. Check out our e-magazine, which uniquely highlights a few of the many Texas Smartscape plants. Visit www.txsmartscape.com for more plants, trees, and vines.
- Free Water Saving Seminars – Learn the secret to having a healthy, beautiful lawn/garden even under water restrictions through these free monthly seminars
- EcoScape Contest – Fort Worth’s landscape contest winners announced
- Take Back Meds Program – Learn how you can get rid of your unwanted and expired medications in a safe and legal way this fall.
- Fort Worth not assessing utility late fees
- Water customer service lobby closed
- Series of free monthly programs offer savings in water — and money
- Changes coming for water customers who pay bills late
- Some utility account fees changing on April 1
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.