Fun Facts and Conservation Tips
- Without water, the earth would look like the moon.
- All living things need water to live. People can live several weeks without food, but only a few days without water. We should drink six to eight glasses of water each day!
- Water makes up 83% of our blood, 70% of our brain, and 90% of our lungs. Overall, our bodies are 70% water.
- A tomato is about 95% water. An apple, a pineapple, and an ear of corn are each 80% water.
- Check household faucets for leaks. A faucet with even a slow drip takes 10 to 25 gallons of water. Just think, 15 drips per minute add up to almost 3 gallons of water wasted per day, 65 gallons wasted per month, and 788 gallons wasted per year!
- Keep showers to 5 minutes or less in length. A five-minute shower takes 10 to 25 gallons of water.
- Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator. Then you won’t have to run tap water to cool it.
- Use a broom to sweep your driveway, garage, or sidewalk instead of using water.
- Use a bucket of water to wash your bike or the family car and rinse quickly with a hose.
- Water your lawn in the evening or in the early morning to avoid evaporation.
- Be careful to water only the lawn and not the sidewalk or street.
- Use water only when you need it. Don’t leave water running; be sure to turn it off when you are finished.
- Bluebonnet Circle construction to begin soon
- Learn the basics of conserving water through smart landscaping
- City taking next step toward making west side water reclamation facility a reality
- High water use bill adjustment requirements posted online
- Water, sewer rates changed as of Jan. 1
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website