Using less water is not only good for the environment; it is also great for saving some extra dollars.
The Fort Worth Water Department, in partnership with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service, is hosting a series of free seminars, highlighting the “how to of water-saving landscapes.”
Through these seminars attendees will learn:
- How to keep landscapes healthy even with water restrictions
- How to plan and grow a water-saving garden/landscape
- How to perform irrigation check-ups; make minor repairs and adjustments to your system
- Why drip irrigation is the most efficient irrigation method
All seminars take place from 6 to 8 p.m. inside the Fort Worth Botanic Garden Iris Room, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
Date: Oct. 12, 2016
Standing water or erosion a problem in your landscape? A rain garden may be your answer! Homeowners and businesses will learn how to design, construct, and maintain a rain garden. Plant list provided.
Date: Nov. 3, 2016
Looking to add a little color or texture to your front entry or back patio? Container gardens can be a great way to give a little curb appeal or jazz up a back patio. This program teaches how to prepare and install a container garden. You will learn how to prepare the container, prepare the soil, and install a well-planned mix of annuals, perennials, and other colorful foliage plants.
- Learn water-wise landscape techniques at EcoScape tour
- Trinity River closure at Fort Worth-Arlington border to continue through Oct. 3
- Do due diligence before signing on with a service line warranty program
- Proposed 2017 water, wastewater rates announced
- Fort Worth Water unveils plan for getting the lead out
- Seminars offer savings in water — and money
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
John Robert Carman