Using less water is not only good for the environment; it is also great for saving money on your water bill.
The Fort Worth Water Department, in partnership with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service, is hosting a series of free seminars, highlighting the “how to of water-saving landscapes.”
Through these seminars attendees will learn:
- How to keep landscapes healthy even with water restrictions
- How to plan and grow a water-saving garden/landscape
- How to perform irrigation check-ups; make minor repairs and adjustments to your system
- Why drip irrigation is the most efficient irrigation method
All seminars take place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Botanical Research Instiute of Texas, 1700 University Drive.
Date: Nov. 1, 2018
Compost is absolutely one of the best soil amendments money can buy, but you don’t have to! Learn how to make high-quality compost at home using materials most folks throw away. This class give you the “dirt” on the most effective composting methods with a focus on practical techniques and “piles” of problem solving tips to get your compost system back to its peak.
- New hours for Water Department's call center
- Fort Worth wins 2018 WaterSense Partner of the Year Award
- Higher water bills attributable to higher temperatures
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.