Water and Wastewater Facility Tours
The Fort Worth Water Department offers free tours of our water and wastewater treatment facilities. These tours are available for community groups and schools served by the Fort Worth Water Department.
The water plant tour highlights the process used to purify raw water (water from lakes, rivers and reservoirs) and treat it to drinking water standards. Tours are conducted Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This tour walks you through the biological process used to clean sewage water and prepare it for release into the Trinity River. The tour includes a preliminary overview highlighting the various phases of wastewater treatment. Tours are conducted Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
General Tour information
- Tours must be pre-arranged and depend on staff availability.
- Tours range from 30 to 90 minutes and include a preliminary overview followed by a walking tour.
- Water and wastewater tours can accommodate up to 40 individuals.
- All participants must be at least 10 years old.
- Please dress comfortably and wear tennis or other closed-toe shoes. Note: A change in security levels can require cancellation of scheduled tours at the last minute.
- Water and sewer main construction to start in Lake Worth area
- Bluebonnet Circle construction to begin soon
- Learn the basics of conserving water through smart landscaping
- City taking next step toward making west side water reclamation facility a reality
- High water use bill adjustment requirements posted online
- Water, sewer rates changed as of Jan. 1
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website