Water Leak Repair Bill Adjustment - Frequently Asked Questions
Did you receive a high water bill due to a hidden water leak? If so, you may be eligible for a water leak repair bill adjustment.
Why was my bill so high?
There are many reasons why your bill may have been higher than expected. Water leaks are the most common reason for high water bills. For information on checking for leaks, water saving tips, and how to read your water meter, visit the High Water Bills page.
What type of water leak may qualify for a water leak repair bill adjustment?
A hidden water leak, beyond your control, such as under the foundation or inside the wall may qualify for a leak adjustment.
To be eligible for a water leak repair bill adjustment, you must contact Customer Care (817-392-4477) within 60 days of your leak repair. You will be asked to provide:
- A copy of the repair receipt or paid in full invoice
- Your Fort Worth Water account number
- The property address where the repair took place
- Range of high bill dates caused by the leak
- The date and description of the repair
Send these documents to customer care by one of the following methods:
- Email: MyWaterAccount@fortworthtexas.gov
- Fax: 817-392-8137 Attn: Water Bill Adjustment
Fort Worth Water Department
Attn: Water Bill Adjustment
P.O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Why would I not qualify for a water leak repair bill adjustment?
Your account may not qualify for a water leak repair bill adjustment if during the high water volume period you:
- Failed to provide documentation that the leak was repaired,
- Filled a swimming pool,
- Established a new landscape (new sod, new trees, xeriscaping), or
- Received a water leak repair bill adjustment in the previous 12 months.
How will my bill be adjusted?
If eligible, up to two consecutive billing periods affected by the leak may receive an adjustment equal to 50 percent of the difference above the average water use. (This is determined by using the six-months usage prior to the leak or prior years’ relevant use for seasonality.) The adjustment is applied as a credit to your account. Upon receiving the adjustment, the account is ineligible for another water leak repair bill adjustment for the next 12 months.
- Water and sewer line improvements scheduled for 14 street segments in Lake Worth area
- Higher water bills attributable to higher temperatures
- Harder named water director
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.