Public Education Programs
When you turn on your tap for a drink of water, to take a shower or wash clothes, you take for granted that water will flow. Water is a precious natural resource that cannot be manufactured. It is important that we know how we can preserve and conserve it for now and future generations.
The Speakers Bureau provides an educational forum to heighten the awareness of water conservation and water quality issues. We provide speakers for neighborhood associations, churches, schools or social organizations at no charge. Most presentations use slides or videos.
Please request speakers at least two-weeks in advance by calling 817.392.6565 or email.
- Biosolids Recycling
- Doing the Two Step to Control Fire Ants
- Conserve our Water Resources
- Getting Rid of Grease in the Kitchen
- Overkill with Pesticides: More is not Better
- Recycling the Recycling
- What's in the Water
- Yard Smart Gardening
We offer educational videos designed to teach young consumers the importance of protecting water. These programs average 30 minutes in length.
||Dive into the story of drinking water. It's fun, interactive and has games and quizzes to stimulate learning. Get ready to discover. Grades 1-6.
- The Adventures of Ethel Mermaid and Tad Pole (Ages 7-12)
- Conservation (Ages 5 and up)
- Down the Drain (Ages 8-12)
- Frogline (Ages 8-12)
- Professor Water and the Water Cycle (Ages 8-14)
- Science Court (Ages 9-12)