Well Water Testing
The Water Department’s laboratory offers well water testing for well owners.
Options for testing
- Well Water Panel ($185): Tests consist of calcium, chloride, conductivity, fluoride, iron, nitrate, manganese, pH, sulfate, total hardness, total dissolved solids, total hardness and presence/absence of total coliform and E.coli bacteria.
- Volatile Organic Compounds Only ($130)
- Other individual analyses (Prices vary)
Steps for testing
- Download a copy of the Well Water Testing Request Form.
- If you are not able to download a form, contact the Centralized Water Department Laboratory at 817-392-5900 to have the form sent to you. (i.e. fax, mail or email)
- Take the completed request form to the following locations to pay for the well water testing:
- Downtown to Water Customer Service located at 908 Monroe St. Accepted payments include cash, check or credit card.
- At the Centralized Water Department’s Laboratory located at 2600 SE Loop 820. Accepted payments include exact cash and check.
- Please notify staff at the laboratory (817-392-5900) prior to coming to pay for the lean/copper testing. Please bring an official identification card to show security personnel and gain access to facility.
- Pick up the sample kit at the Centralized Water Department Laboratory.
- Collect the samples according to the instructions in the kit and return to the Centralized Water Department Laboratory.
- Make sure you notify staff of the date the sample kit will be delivered.
- Once the analysis is complete, you will be notified of the test results.
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
- Don't pour holiday grease down the drain
- Kenneth Morgan named Fort Worth water director
- 2018 water, sewer rates adopted
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website