Home > Departments > Water

Lake Worth

Lake Worth

Lake Worth is the only water supply owned by the City of Fort Worth. Although, Fort Worth owns the land, Tarrant Regional Water District has the water rights.

Lake Worth was the second municipal water supply built in Texas, constructed shortly after Dallas’ White Rock Lake. The man-made lake was constructed for $1.6 million and was first filled on August 19, 1914. It is situated six miles northwest of Fort Worth on the West Fork of the Trinity, covering 8.48 square miles.

Lake Worth Dredging Update

To access updated information on the Lake Worth Dredging Project please click here. Once in the system search for the project’s name: 2011-09-29 Bid Date Project 01126 -Lake Worth Dredging Project.

Lake Worth Advisories

Lake Worth Boat Docks