The Village Creek Water Reclamation Facility discharges treated effluent into the West Fork of the Trinity River, a sensitive stream that during dry months may be composed of up to 95 percent treated effluent. The wastewater treatment process at Village Creek also produces biosolids that are land applied at numerous sites around North Texas. The treated effluent and biosolids are regulated under a permit issued to the Village Creek Water Reclamation Facility by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
The Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) permit contains effluent limits as well as reporting, record keeping, monitoring, testing, and pretreatment requirements. The TCEQ web site has more information on the TPDES Program.
- No increase in water, wastewater rates for 2019
- When water use spikes with extreme heat, so do water bills
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website