Reclaimed Water Master Plan Report
<img src=”http://fortworthtexas.gov/uploadedImages/Water/Wastewater/Reuse/Reclaimed%20Water%20Master%20Plan_front%20cover.bmp” “ width=”200” height=”271” alt=”Reclaim Master Plan Front Cover” align=”right” vspace=”5” hspace=”5”>
To encourage the development of water reuse, the Texas Water Development Board has funded 50% of Fort Worth’s Reclaimed Water Priority and Implementation Plan. (The Dallas/Fort Worth area is in Region C of the Texas Water Development Board’s regional plans.) In this plan, the Water Department met with potential customers to quantify potential reclaimed water usage. View a map of the proposed reclaimed water service areas.
Based on this information, service areas were identified, and conceptual distribution system including reclaimed water transmission mains, pump stations and storage tanks were developed. This could provide approximately 12 million gallons per day based on existing customer demands. This will allow the department to use low interest state revolving fund loans, state and federal grants, as well customer capital contributions. The current plan is to construct a reclaimed water network of pipelines in far north and far east Fort Worth in the next three to four years.
You can download a copy of the Reclaimed Water Priority and Implementation Plan, by chapter.
- Table of Content
- Executive Summary: The Need for Reclaimed Water in Fort Worth
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Review of Previous City of Fort Worth Reuse Program Evaluations and Recomendations
- Chapter 3: Population Projections, Water Supply, Water Demand and Treated Wastewater Availability
- Chapter 4: Potential Reclaimed Water Users and Demands
- Chapter 5: Reclaimed Water Quality Considerations
- Chapter 6: Service areas and potential projects
- Chapter 7: Project Feasibility Evaluation
- Chapter 8: Public Information Plan
- Chapter 9: Reclaimed Water Implementation Plan
- Protect your pipes before freezing temperatures get here
- New hours for Water Department's call center
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477 Select Option 1
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.