FAQ New Water Payment System
How do I mail my payment to Fort Worth Water?
To make a payment by mail, gently tear off the bottom portion of your monthly bill statement, include your payment and mail it to:
City of Fort Worth
PO Box 961003
Fort Worth, TX 76101-0870
Please make checks or money orders payable to Fort Worth Water Department. Do not mail cash. Do not staple or tape your payment to the bill stub.
How much does it cost to pay my bill through Fort Worth Water’s online bill system?
This service is completely free for customers.
How do I sign up for new service?
If you are a new customer to Fort Worth Water, call our customer service department at (817)392-4477 to establish a new account. Visit: https://FortWorhTexas.gov/water/account for more information.
If you are a current Fort Worth Water customer and would like to establish an online account, click here. If you have an existing online account, and want to add an additional account to your profile, click here.
How do I become a paperless customer?
To choose Paperless:
- Click on Account Information page for your Water Account.
- You will then be able to choose the Paperless option with a simple toggle to Yes. Look for the green leaf labeled "ebill."
- After toggling to Yes, you can choose to receive Email and/or SMS Text notifications (charges may apply) for new bills. You will be able to provide the phone number and/or email address for the notifications.
What is the standard application fee for new service?
Complete information on fees can be found on our website here: https://FortWorthTexas.gov/water/account-fees/
What determines if a security deposit is required for new service?
A minimum deposit of $50 is required for residential accounts and is included in your first billing. The deposit can be waived for residential accounts if the following criteria apply:
- The customer has had at least 12 consecutive months of utility service with the City of Fort Worth, without ANY late payments;
- OR the customer provides a letter of credit reference from another utility, such as electric, landline phone, water, etc., noting they have had at least 12 consecutive months of service within the previous 12 month period without ANY late payments
It should be noted that commercial account deposits vary and cannot be waived. Commercial account deposits can only be refunded at account termination. They are not eligible to be refunded while the account is still active.
More information on deposits can be found here: https://fortworthtexas.gov/water/account/.
How much is the deposit?
A minimum deposit of $50 is required for residential accounts and is applied to your first billing.
More information on deposits can be found here: https://fortworthtexas.gov/water/account/
What are utility bill Inserts and how do I view them?
Water bill inserts are informational messages that are inserted into monthly water bills. They provide information on City services, upcoming events and other programs of interest to Fort Worth residents and businesses. Inserts are mailed to customers with their bill. Paperless customers can view inserts by visiting: https://fortworthtexas.gov/water/bill-inserts/
Payment Portal Troubleshooting
How do I sign up for the new online payment system?
To enroll in online billing visit www.FortWorthTexas.gov/paywaterbill and follow these step by step instructions:
- Click Pay Water Bill Now, to be directed to the payment site.
- You now have the option to make a “One Time Payment” or to enroll in online billing.
- To enroll, locate “Don’t have an account, Register Now” in the Login box, and click on "Register Now"
- Type the Email Address where you want to be notified about your utility services bills.
- Create a Password (must be at least 10 characters in length, must contain at least one number and 1 alpha, only alphanumeric and special characters are allowed.)
- Retype the Password you just typed
- Type your First Name (This must be typed exactly as it appears on your bill)
- Type your Last Name (This must be typed exactly as it appears on your bill)
- Type your phone number(s). If you provide a mobile phone number, this will be used for receiving text reminders if you wish to receive them.
- Type your ZIP code.
- Select two security questions and your chosen answers.
- Click Enroll.
- Enter account number.
- Enter account alias (optional).
- Choose paperless option (optional).
- Agree to payment authorization terms
- Click on Add Account.
If you need additional assistance with signing up, call our customer service representatives at (817)392-4477.
What should I do if I forget my password?
To reset your password, you will need to click “Forget your password?” on the Log In page.
- Click Continue. If you do not remember your email address, please contact customer service at (817)392-4477.
- The next step will be to answer the security questions. These answers are case sensitive. If you do not remember the answers to the security questions, contact our customer service representatives at (817)392-4477.
- An email with a temporary password will be sent to you.
- Return to the Login page and enter your email for the account and the temporary password you were given from the email and then click Log In.
- You will now create a new password.
- Re-enter the temporary password on this page.
- Create a new password.
- Must be 10 characters
- Must contain 1 number and 1 alpha
- Only alphanumeric and special characters are allowed
- Click Continue. You will receive an email confirming your password has been changed.
How do I change my password?
To change your password:
- Click on My Profile from the menu on the left of the main profile page.
- Find Login Details on the right side of the page.
- Enter your current password, then enter and re-enter your new password, following the security requirements for password creation.
- Important: click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
You can also change your "User ID" and edit your "Security Questions" here. You will receive email confirmation of any changes to Password, User ID, or Security Questions. If you have forgotten your password, please follow the prompts on the Login Page to get a temporary password and reset your password.
What do I do if I forget my email?
To change any of your information, the first step is to login to your account.
- Click Accounts in the menu bar on the left hand side.
- Click the Edit button next to Account Details.
- Make your changes and click Save at the bottom to finish.
How do I change telephone number or email address?
To change your email address and telephone number(s):
Your address is attached to your account and cannot be changed.
How do I add an additional water account to my profile?
Some customers may need to add additional accounts to their online payment portal. To do so you must:
- Log in to your account
- On the Home page it states “Add Account” in the center of the page.
- Insert your account number and if you would like to give it an alias (if you have more than one account)
- Click Save.
you would like to add an additional account to your existing online profile, repeat the steps as needed.
How do I remove a water account from my profile?
If you would like to remove an existing account first log in to your portal profile.
- Click Accounts on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click the account you would like to remove.
- Click the blue Edit button just under the account number.
- At the bottom of the next page you will see Remove Account.
- Click to confirm removal of this account.
Billing and Payment Questions
How do I make a one-time payment?
To make a one-time payment you do not need login information; you just need your account number.
- On the login screen, click the Pay Now button.
- You’ll be taken to a screen where you will enter your full account number with a dash and click Continue. There is a sample bill shown on the screen where your account number can be found.
- You will now be able to enter your payment information.
- Entering your email address is optional but if you do you will receive a receipt via email.
- Review your information and click Confirm Payment to complete the transaction.
How do I add my credit card information?
To add credit card information:
- Click My Wallet from the menu on the left side of the main profile page.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Choose Credit from the tabs across the top.
- Enter the card number, CVV, expiration date, and cardholder name.
- Click Add to Save.
How do I remove my payment method?
To remove a payment method first log in to your profile:
- On the left hand side click My Wallet
- Find which payment method you would like to delete and click Edit
- Click emove Payment Method in the bottom right corner.
- Click the blue Confirmbutton.
- our payment option has now been deleted.
Can I display billing history for a particular period?
You are able to view the last 24 months of your payment transactions. On the left hand side of your homepage, there is the tab, Bill History. Click on the tab to view your payment history.
Can I make an online payment from my checking account?
Yes. You may set up your checking account as a payment option by clicking on My Wallet on the left hand toolbar and clicking Add Payment Method. You will need your account and routing numbers.
What format is used to display bills?
Bills are displayed in the PDF format.
How do I view a bill?
You may view current and past bills by clicking on Bill History on the left hand toolbar. A maximum of 24 months of bills are available to view. Locate the month that you want, and click the View button to the right.
Will I receive a paper bill if I am a registered to make online payments?
You will receive a paper bill unless you choose to go Paperless.
To choose Paperless, go to the Account Information page for your Water Account.
- Click Edit next to Account Details.
- Look for the green leaf labeled “ebill.” Toggle the button to Yes, to choose the Paperless option.
How can I find a payment I have made?
Choose the ayment History–All Tab. If you have more than one account, select the account which you need the information for and click Continue (Note: you can only select one account at a time).
All bill payments for the selected account will be displayed.
How can I pay a bill using a new checking account or new credit card?
To pay your bill from a previously unused checking account or credit card:
Where can I see my payment history?
To see payments which have been applied to bills:
- Click on the Payment History–All Tab. If you have more than one account, select the account for which you need information for (Note: you can only select one account at a time).
- Click Continue.
- All bill payments statuses are displayed on the left-hand side of your screen.
Is it possible for me to pay a specific amount rather than the entire bill?
Yes. Select the account you wish to make a specific payment for on the Pay My Bill tab & click Continue.
On the refreshed screen view, you can see the Amount Due. In the input field directly under Payment Amount, you can specify how much you would like to pay.
Can I cancel a payment online?
You cannot cancel a payment online. To cancel payments that have been submitted you must contact your financial institution.
How do I authorize an autopay from either my checking account or a credit card account?
To establish AutoPay for your water account:
- Select the AutoPay tab.
- Click Add Schedule.
- Select the account(s) you wish to set to a schedule and click Continue.
- Customer selects the account(s) and click on continue.
- A page will display where you can fill in credit card or bank account information or select from one of your saved accounts. Once completed, select Ad and then Continue.
Is it possible for me to cancel an AutoPay authorization?
Yes, on the AutoPay tab, you can schedule an end date for the autopays under How to Set Up Autopay.
- Click the AutoPay tab
- Select the account and click Edit
- Click on Remove Schedule
- Confirmyour selection
- You will receive an email confirming your cancelation of AutoPay
Security With the Online Payment System
What are the security features of the new payment system?
The payment site provides a fully secured, PCI-compliant payment environment for Fort Worth customers and ensures your electronic payments are secure and meet industry standards.
Will my data be transferred safely?
Fort Worth Water uses Paymentus as our payment vendor. Paymentus delivers industry leading uptime and performance by handling hundreds of millions of transactions annually without fail. Customers value the always accessible, easy-to-use payment experience and continue to use those services for future payments.
Requiring the creation a new account through the fully secured PCI-compliant payment environment on Paymentus prevents compromising security, which may happen when converting existing customer information from system to system. Fort Worth Water is working with the old vendor to clean and purge all stored billing information from its system. The City will request a certificate of destruction from the vendor upon completion of the purge.
What are the prerequisites for my web browser?
Minimum internet browser requirements for the online payment portal include:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Internet Explorer Edge
- Chrome 50+
- Firefox 44+
- Safari 9.1+
- and Opera 35+
What type of system is recommended for Paymentus?
The online payment portal is compatible for viewing on both desktop internet browser and from your phone internet browser.
- City of Fort Worth water saving seminars to resume online
- Additional city facilities to reopen June 29
- Fort Worth Water to resume assessing late fees and making shutoffs
- Monroe Street closed beginning June 24
- Water Department customer service lobby reopening
- Register for the new water bill payment site
- Apply for city's environmental awards program
- New water bill payment site coming June 15
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.