Healthy Challenge Wellness Program
The Healthy Challenge Wellness Program is a vital part of the city’s overall benefits program. It includes the Health Challenge Cash Payout Program, and parters with VIVERAE to offer employees premium insurance incentives. It also provides a variety of other programs to help employees be at their physical and mental best every day.
Healthy Challenge Premium Insurance Incentive
The City of Fort Worth has partnered with Viverae, a leading health management services provider, to help manage premium incentive requirements that allow employees to save up to $100 per month on next year’s insurance costs. The deadline to complete the following requirements is Aug. 31 of every year.
To participate, employees must do the following:
- Complete a Member Health Assessment (MHA) online through Viverae (50 points)
- Complete the Tobacco Affidavit or the Tobacco Cessation Program online through Viverae (50 points)
- Receive a physical from your doctor and submit the Physician Screening Form to Viverae (50 points)
Beginning Jan. 1, 2018, all employees hired before June 1, 2018 and spouses covered by the city’s health plan are eligible to participate in the Viverae program; however, only employees are eligible for cash payouts.
Viverae also offers health and wellness resources, including health coaching, exercise specialists and registered dieticians. Utilizing these professionals can earn participants 50 points per session (up to a maximum of 150 points) towards their Healthy Challenge Cash Payout. Learn more by calling toll-free 1-888-VIVERAE (848-3723) or by visiting the Viverae Web Portal
Healthy Challenge Cash Payout
The city’s Healthy Challenge Cash Payout is based on a point system. Participants earn points throughout the year for completing certain program activities, and participants can redeem these points at the end of the year for a cash reward. While employees are eligible for cash payouts, spouses are not. The deadline to earn points for the Healthy Challenge Cash Payout is Dec. 15 of every year, with the payout distributed in January of the following year.
By participating in the program, individuals can earn $150 (250 points), $200 (300 points), or $250 (400 points) by earning a specific amount of points.
To qualify for the Healthy Challenge Wellness Program, employees, retirees, or surviving spouses must first complete the four requirements listed above: the Member Health Assessment (MHA), the Tobacco Affidavit/Tobacco Cessation Program (TOB), receiving a physical and completing the Physician Screening form (PSF), and completing a preventive screening. These activities earn a participant an initial 200 points.
After a participant’s initial 200 points have been earned, additional points can be earned by completing various activities, both onsite and through the Viverae online portal.
Healthy Challenge Payout Program Points System
- Biometric Screening (Required): 50 points
- Member Health Assessment (Required): 50 points
- Tobacco Affidavit or Tobacco Free Program (Required): 50 points
- Preventive Screening (Required): 50 points
- Health coaching (50 points each, 150 points max)
- Employer challenges (25 points each, 75 points max)
- 250K steps, via the Viverae app (25 points each, 100 points max)
- Online courses (15 points each, 45 points max)
- Targeted programs (15 points each, 75 points max)
- Peer challenges (15 points each, 45 points max)
- Healthy challenges (10 points each, 80 points max)
Program Goal for cash payout: 250, 300 or 400 points
Healthy habits classes
Fitness and lifestyle classes are offered by the Healthy Challenge Wellness Program to all employees, retirees and spouses at no cost. Participation will also earn points toward the Healthy Challenge Cash Payout.
Current classes include Fitcamp, Zumba, Full Body Fitness, Total Body Blast, and Yoga. Financial Fitness workshops and classes on managing diabetes are also regularly available. Upcoming Wellness activities can be viewed on the Wellness calendar.
Employees can also earn Wellness Bucks if they’re caught by Wellness staff doing something healthy. These Wellness bucks can be cashed in at the Wellness Store in exchange for products like mugs, T-shirts, stress balls, and other items. Contact the Wellness office at 817-392-2623 for more details.
Other Wellness resources
The city offers several other programs to help employees achieve their personal health goals, including:
- A United Healthcare Nurse Liaison, who is available on-site to discuss any lifestyle behaviors you may want to improve such as weight loss, nutrition counseling, and disease management and prevention. She can also provide referrals to clinical or community programs, offer noninvasive health screenings and health education, and teach employees how to navigate United Healthcare wellness tools and resources. Contact her at 817-392-2668.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in partnership with Resources For Living, provides employer-sponsored counseling and relationship support, legal services, financial services, and identity theft services at no cost to participants and all members of their household. Contact the EAP at 1-866-611-2826.
- Regular blood drives provide employees with an opportunity to donate blood while earning an hour of vacation time and points toward their Healthy Challenge Cash Payout. Contact the Wellness office at 817-392-2623 for details.
- Fitness center memberships are available to city employees at a discounted price, including Anytime Fitness, Camp Gladiator, LA Fitness, Vigor Active, Resource Connection Aquatic Center, CERA, and area YMCA locations. Contact the Wellness office at 817-392-2623 for details.
Blue Zones Project
Blue Zones Project is a community-wide well-being improvement initiative to help make healthy choices easier for everyone in Fort Worth. Blue Zones Project encourages changes in the community that lead to healthier options, from worksites and schools to restaurants and grocery stores. These small changes contribute to huge benefits for the entire community, including lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life.
The City of Fort Worth currently has 20 Blue Zones Approved Work Sites.
City of Fort Worth Benefits Office
- Phone: 817-392-7782
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 817-392-2624
Health Plan Information
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Eligibility
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Healthcare Concierge
- Leave Policies (Paid Time Off)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pension Information
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Prescriptions and Medication
- Retirement Plans
- Urgent Care
- Voluntary Benefits