Civil Service Rules and Regulations
Pursuant to Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code, the Firefighters’ and Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission of the City of Fort Worth, Texas does hereby adopt the following Rules and Regulations for the administration of the Civil Service System for the City of Fort Worth, Texas.
Organization and General Provisions
Classification of Firefighters and Police Officers
Minimum Standards for Entry-Level Positions in the Fire Department
Minimum Standards for Entry-Level Positions in the Police Department
Application, Examination and Appointment for Entry-Level Positions for Fire and Police Departments
Physical and Mental Requirements
Scope of Matters Subject to Appeal
Suspensions, Recommended Involuntary Demotions, Promotional By-Passes, and Other Appeals
Other Applicable Rules and Regulations
Signed this 14 day of December, 1998.
Changes and Additions
- On July 13, 2010, added section on Military Promotional Testing Policy to Chapter 11, Promotional Procedures of the Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
- On December 16, 2008, the Civil Service Commision amended local rules 5.01, 11.07 & Chapter 4 Physical Abilities Assessment
- On April 15, 2008, the Civil Service Commision amended local rules Chapter 5 Physcial Abilities Assessment
- On March 26, 2008, the Civil Service Commission amended local rules 5.09, 6.04, 7.02, & 8.01
- On June 28, 2004, the Civil Service Commission amended local rules 11.22 - 11.27
- On July 29, 2003, the Civil Service Commission amended local rule 6.10