The Development Services Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality.
Planning and Design
- Area Plans
- Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Design Districts
- Downtown Urban Design District
- Urban Villages
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- Development Services' predevelopment conferences assist developers amid COVID-19 outbreak
- In many cases, city meetings are going virtual
- D.J. Harrell named to lead city's Development Services Department
- Fort Worth Development Services assisting with reopening businesses
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
As of April 8, 2020, there will be no walk-in appointments. All appointments will be online, by phone and email only. Residents may still schedule appointments in the QLess appointment system. Development Services Support will contact the customer via phone to hold the online appointment. There will be no person to person appointments until further notice.
Please click the link below to "schedule an appointment" or see the contact information to schedule an appointment via phone or email.
Please call 817-392-2222 for all general inquiries.
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102